Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Breaking Down Brickwalls in Second Life

I was working online this past Sunday and got an alert via TweetDeck that DearMyrtle had posted a new blog post. The post talked about the genealogy meetings and chats they had in the program Second Life. I thought what a great way to get to know your fellow genealogists. I signed up that very night but wasn't able to join in the chat until Monday evening. Boy am I glad I did!

With the help of all my new friends in Second Life I was able to locate the death record for my elusive Great-Grandmother Ruby Adams (Bernardo). With that information I was able to locate an obituary in a Tacoma, WA newspaper and I'm waiting for a response from the librarians on a copy!

If you join Second Life (it's FREE BTW) feel free to send me a friend request to NAMASTE DEEZUL. I will be on this evening for some chat.
That's me in a green Just Genealogy t-shirt in front of the Live Roots gazebo.

No comments: